One-sided!


 

I don’t know how people talk so easily;

Say everything they think,

With the words that feel just right!

I can’t do this thing that everyone else can do;

So I chose poetries, I chose photographs,

And some paragraphs!!



I silently listened to every word you say

And noted down the things you loved,

I excitedly learned about them,

So that we can talk more,

Hoping to spend some more time with you…

 

I used to smile just hearing your name,

I used to be happy at the thought of your existence,

I used to jump out of joy at your excitement,

I used to not miss any minute expressions you make,

I used to get curious about your curiosities!!

 

I thought we were close enough

When we gave nicknames to each other,

When we teased each other,

When we trusted each other

When you cried on my shoulder,


When you started to share all your victories first with me,

When we shared our silence quietly away from everyone

Just us!!

At all of those moments

I trusted you, I adored you

Most importantly loved you…

 

I wanted all of you to myself;

I dropped some hints, here and there

Everywhere;

Everywhere around you,

NOT with words,

But with my poetries and photographs

And some paragraphs!



 I thought my eyes showed everything I hid inside me,

I guess you never saw them!

I thought you understand the silence

And the glances,

And the smiles that we have BETWEEN us!!

I guess it was never the case…

I thought we think the same;

But for you, I was a friend and for me, you were my love!

 

I think I loved you more than myself,

That’s why when you found your love,

I loved that you loved it;


And thought, that’s how it ENDS between us!

I slowly walked away from your life

With time I moved on,

I’m not your friend anymore and you are not my love


Still, you are one of the best memories I share

With the one I love, whom I love only to the extent

I love myself…

Even today, one thing remains the same,

I don’t know how people talk so easily;

Say everything they think,

With the words that feel just right!

Still, I choose poetries, I choose photographs,

And some paragraphs!!



 

-Pallavi Kabbinahithlu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಒಂದು ನೆನಪು

ನೀನೊಂದು ಮಾತು ಹೇಳಿದ್ದಿದ್ರೆ?!

ಬೆಳೆಯುತಿದ್ದೇವೆ ಎಂದರೆ ಅಳಿಯುತ್ತಿರುವುದಲ್ಲವೇ?!